Holy toledo, I’m 24! Time for a birthday checklist:
- Pulse? Check.
- Awkward? Always.
- Vanilla (in case you’re wondering)?: Never.
- My birthday anthem this year? Sing it….
Last night I was laying in bed going over a different kind of checklist. A year in review, if you will. If anything, this has been the year of the unexpected.
- I almost lost my dad to a severe Myocardial Infarction. Luckily, he was working at the time (coincidentally he is an emergency room physician) and was saved by a fast response team.
- Sufficiently spooked by such a close call, my family has become very serious about cleaning up the way we eat. We exercise more, sweat the small stuff a little less and bond over oatmeal.
- I said a very difficult goodbye. And I’m finally okay with it.
- My granddad was diagnosed with colon cancer. He has since had surgery to remove the tumor and is recovering nicely.
- I launched this blog. Looks like JSA has a birthday in March too 😉
- I accepted a new position at work (more on this later!)
- I started running regularly. Well, let’s be honest. By run, I mean jog. And by jog, I mean pathetically struggle along.
- I went abroad again – this time to Ireland (Check it out: I, II, III, IV).
- I visited 3 more of the 50 states: Maine, Pennsylvania, and Georgia.
Reviewing 23 made me excited for 24…and when I’m excited, I add things to the bucket list. Here are my additions!
Start recording some of the meaningful conversations I have with complete strangers. After the fact, of course. It would be really strange, otherwise.
Memorize how to say “cheers” in 10 different languages.
Go to a really wacky festival.
We will see what this year brings, but it’s already off to a good start. Off to hang out with family and friends for the weekend 🙂